The “Local Initiative” is a powerful mechanism of significant impact on social life of a community.
Who / what is affected
How does it affect?
- Helps to become more active and actively involved in the decision-making process at the local level;
- Helps improve skills, acquire new skills and apply them while working in his/her own community;
- Helps to develop engagement mechanisms in his/her community; To communicate effectively to identify his/herr own needs, and to overcome challenges;
It helps the citizen to become more aware of the rights and responsibilities he / she has in front of his / her municipality and gives him / her the opportunity to participate in both, the planning and implementation stages.
- The academy acquires relevant knowledge and skills in the field of participation with the help of training seminars, invited experts, practitioners, and qualified trainers,
- Carrying out the practical work of the partitioning process enables the proper planning process and execution of the partitioning process.
- Enhances image and authority;
- Gives the opportunity to demonstrate self-government activities and implement open, accountable governance;
- Gives an opportunity to better understand the needs of citizens and the community;
- Cope with challenges by means of participation;
- Gain supporters and the goodwill of the population;
- Allows to become certified and implement engagement mechanisms in its area;
- Provides an opportunity to address local challenges through participatory budgeting with citizen involvement;
- Gives international experience;
- Gives the opportunity to have competent staff in matters of participation;
- Shares the essence of the European leader approach, which involves bottom-up governance;
- Increases trust in the population;
The result is an active civil society that values their work more and builds trust between government and citizens.
- Gains theoretical and practical experience;
- Goes through certification;
- Receives assistance from experienced experts in the development and implementation of participation mechanisms;
- Receives consultations from the experts of the academy;
To public organizations:
- Allow employees to upgrade their participation skills;
- Become competent in participation issues and, in the future, participate in grant competitions in this regard;
- Establish cooperation with municipalities;
- To get acquainted with and gain international experience in the implementation of “Participation Mechanisms’;
- Involve themselves or encourage citizens to be actively involved in the decision-making process at the local level;
- Lobby important social projects and be involved not only in the monitoring and evaluation phase, but also are given the opportunity to be active at the beginning of the process;
Civil Society Organization
- With the help of training seminars, invited experts, practitioners, qualified trainers, they acquire relevant knowledge and skills in the field of participation.
- Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge and experience;