Because you as a municipality,
- need a space for refinement, introduction and development of “Participatory Budget” and “Participation Mechanisms”.
- Will share international experience;
- Will improve your competence and skills in the field of participation;
- acquire supporters, associates and be in constant communication with colleagues, and experts;
- Will receive a certificate;
- Will become more transparent, accountable and innovative;
- Will create more perspective for the development of your own municipality;
- activate participatory processes;
- plan result-oriented activities;
- Will receive practical advice tailored to reality by highly qualified experts;
- Will have the opportunity to develop a “Participatory Budget” and include the “Participation Mechanisms”;
- Increase the awareness of the municipality at the national and international levels;
- Will have the opportunity to actively involve the population in the decision-making process;
For successful certification:
- It is necessary for the municipality to have a “Participatory Budget”, and all the necessary stages for its implementation must comply with the standards of the “Participatory Budget” in Georgia.
- A municipality wishing to be certified must get acquainted with the C1 form;
- Must apply to Solidarity Fund PL Georgia;
- Must fill out application forms;
- Wait for confirmation of the start of the process;
- Confirmation will be followed by a series of emails, with the details of: instructions for filling out the form; deadlines for filling in and submitting the application;
- Results will be announced according to a predetermined date;
- Each applicant will be informed via email;
In 2019, for the first time in Georgia, the certification of municipalities was held at the initiative of the Solidarity Fund PL. Certificates were awarded to the following successful municipalities: Sighnaghi, Ozurgeti, Gori, Tskaltubo, Zugdidi, Kutaisi, Batumi, Akhaltsikhe.
If the municipality has successfully passed the certification and received the certificate, can it participate again?
The certificate is issued for 1 year, therefore the municipality can participate again.
- A municipality must meet the standards and principles of the “Participatory Budget” in Georgia. [hyperlink participatoryhub.pl/resource center/PB standards in Georgia.pdf]
- Of course yes. Anyone can offer to another municipality to get involved in the certification process.
- The municipality invited to receive the relevant certificate must go through the procedures established for certification.
- The “Certification of Municipality” is free. The selected municipality is exempt from all costs associated with the process;
- If necessary (travel, hotel, meals, etc.) are covered by the Solidarity Fund PL Georgia
Compliance of the participatory budget with the standards;
Participation in the process, project submission and degree of involvement;
Evaluation of the use of participatory mechanisms;
Readiness and desire of the municipality for the introduction and development of the participatory budget.
The final decision is made by the Inter-Agency Consortium, which was established to ensure and improve the ongoing PB process in Georgia, at the initiative of the Solidarity Fund PL Georgia.
- The municipality will become more transparent, accountable and innovative;
- Activate participatory processes;
- Share international experience;
- You will have the opportunity to develop a “Participatory Budget” and include “Participation Mechanisms”;
- You will create more perspective to your own municipality for development;
The result of the certification is: Active Citizens – Strong Municipality.