- You need a space to discuss engagement issues;
- You will become more professional in the field of participation and receive a diploma upon meeting minimum learning objectives;
- You will study and interact with peers in an informal settings;
- Your education is provided by highly qualified experts;
- You will expand your pool of professional contacts and make friends with like-minded individuals.
Do you want to improve your competencies and practical skills in the field of participation?
If so, The “Academy of Participation” (AoP) is for you!
All those who are interested in active public life and developing their own community are invited to APPLY for the placement in the “Academy of Participation” (AoP).
Admission dates and programs
The admission to the “Academy of Participation” (AoP) is organized annually and announced in the first quarter of a calendar year.
Prospective applicants, meeting the Minimum Entry Criteria can be enrolled in:
- Beginners program (no previous experience in any of the participatory mechanism is required)
- Advanced program (prior experience in some of the participatory mechanisms is required).
Minimum Entry Criteria:
- fluency in Georgian language,
- availability and commitment to participate in all sessions of the Academy of Participation (AoP).
How to apply – watch the video!
Applications should be made online via “Participatory Hub” platform https://participatoryhub.ge/ . Applicants should contact Solidarity Fund PL team for any technical questions about the application process.
The “Academy of Participation” (AoP) graduates are happy to share their learning journey if you still hesitate whether to apply. In order to get in touch with them – select the graduate you want to connect with.
Applications are considered by Solidarity Fund PL team of experts, who are responsible for decision-making. Applicants are expected to ensure that their application is complete before submitting it.
Solidarity Fund PL team of experts will consider application based on the following criteria:
- motivation to take part in the “Academy of Participation” (AoP);
- the expected impact on the local community;
- the experience in the field of participation, inclusive decision-making at the local level, public and/or community activities for the benefit of the local community;
- plans to incorporate participatory mechanisms in an individual career development plan.
Solidarity Fund PL reserves the right to ask applicants to provide further information relating to any aspect of their application in order to make an informed decision.
You are asked to contact Solidarity Fund PL team about any circumstances when you need to make changes in your application.
The results will be announced by the pre-defined date. Each applicant will receive an admission e-mail with a request to confirm its participation. The confirmation of participation will be followed by the series of instruction e-mails on:
- travel cost reimbursement;
- accommodation & lodging;
- food & others.
The “Academy of Participation” (AoP) implies full involvement of a participant in the learning process, including mandatory field practice.
In order to graduate from the “Academy of Participation” (AoP) you are obliged to meet all the minimum learning objectives as follows:
- In case of the Beginners Course , you MUST:
- attend every single session of the AoP table-top training for beginners;
- receive a result of a minimum of 50% for every homework;
- fulfill a minimum of 10hrs of the field practice;
- pass an online knowledge test
- develop and submit a Participatory Idea (PI)
- evaluate the PIs of your course mates on Orbeliani platform
- In case of the Advanced Course, you MUST:
- select and attend a minimum of two (2) out of three (3) sessions of your interests available in the AoP for advanced practitioners;
- take part in the field practice (the more active you are, the more skills you grow) ;
- pass an online knowledge test with a result of a minimum of 65%
- evaluate the PIs of your younger fellows from the Beginner Course on Orbeliani platform
If you miss out any of the requirements listed above at the respective level, you still are encouraged to graduate and receive a diploma of the “Academy of Participation” (AoP), but only in the next edition of the AoP, upon completion of the missing learning objective.
If you failed to meet any of the minimum learning objectives, you MUST fulfil it again in the next edition of the AoP. For details, please contact Solidarity Fund PL team.
Please, be informed that many of the participatory events and activities are open to a wider public. For details, go to External Engagement Opportunities .
The “Academy of Participation” (AoP) learning cycle comprises of several stages, where participants:
- acquire new information;
- gain knowledge about the participatory mechanisms, such as: participatory budget, local initiative, participatory planning, Rural Support Program and others;
- understand why, by whom, for whom and how the participatory mechanisms work;
- grasp hand-on skills in implementing different participatory mechanisms.
- You will become a more active citizen;
- You will have even more opportunities to be involved in the decision-making process at the local level;
- You will enhance knowledge and level-up your skills in community engagement and inclusive decision-making;
- You will be able to conduct training on participatory mechanisms, communication & facilitation, monitoring & evaluation;
- You could become a mentor;
- You could become a local expert in good governance & community engagement
- You will possibly be given the opportunity to be employed in the field of participation, upon professionalization of this sphere in Georgia.
How much should I pay for the “Academy of Participation” (AoP)? What other costs do I have to incur?
The “Academy of Participation” (AoP) is free of charge. Selected participants are not charged with tuition fee. All expenses related to the learning process (travel, accommodation, food etc.) are being covered by the Solidarity Fund PL.
Anyone wishing to study at the “Academy of Participation” (AoP), or, a participant of the AoP can invite a friend or a relative having an interest in community engagement and inclusive decision-making. The friend or the relative has to, however, go through the admission process.